Monday, November 17, 2008

Riding my Bike

I just realized that nearly a month has gone by since I last posted something... How time flies. And the weird thing is that nothing exciting happened during this month that would explain how it went by so fast.

Basically, I spent most of my waking time/ daylight time on the bike with rides ranging between 3 and 5 hours daily over the last three weeks. For most of that time I was in Freiburg, Germany with Christine but I also spend a week or so at home in Luxembourg with my parents. Actually, most of the time in Luxembourg I spent at the house of my parents but without them as they had flown to Cuba for two weeks… but so I had some time to enjoy my childhood home and return to the roads I first started riding on and I must say it is still beautiful.

On one of my last rides here in Freiburg a small group of riders caught up with me and I recognized one of them as an old friend of mine. I used to race mtb with him back in the days here in Germany and we chatted a while. I was so caught up in our discussion that it took me a while to realize that I also knew one of the other riders in the group: Heinrich Haussler, ex Gerolsteiner pro, now Cervelo Test Team, was riding at the front of the group and was setting tempo. What a small world. I didn’t get the chance to chat with him as the group was turning “the wrong way” and I had to split off. But with the amount of riding I’m sure I’ll meet some more celebrities out there soon.

This week is an off week, fortunately. So I’m looking forward to a week of easy riding, a lot of rest and another wedding. Christine’s brother is getting married this Saturday, so we will head to Konstanz near the Swiss border towards the end of the week. There’s nothing better than a party to get ready to get back on the bike on Monday!

1 comment:

Leo Frayre said...

speaking of all the weddings you are going on, when do I get to attend yours?