Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm glad that's over!

It is done! No more base miles (well, not really) but today was officially the last day of base training. I got to finish up the training block with some nice 6 hours in the cold (but it is already getting warmer: 25° F) but fortunately, I had some company. Thanks to Lorant and Johannes for getting me through the day. I rode with my cousin Johannes for two hours in the morning and, after dropping him off, rode over to Lorant's place to pick him up for another two hours. So I had some company for four hours at least.

Next week is going to be a welcome break from the bike (and the cold as I will be spending a lot of time INDOORS) but I am really looking forward to the following week. Finally, I get to put the hammer down a little in training instead of just that boring, monotonous base stuff. Should be fun.

I should have some pics from around here soon, so stay tuned.

No comments: