Monday, April 13, 2009

Off Week...?

Well, at least in theory. I did manage to cut back on my hours on the bike and did NOT race this weekend but I sure was busy the whole week long. I'm in the process of planning our next two road trips, the first this week to Mississippi for the Mississippi Grand Prix and the second in two weeks time to USA Crits Speed Week. Both are multiple day events and at least Speed Week requires quite some travel in between races. But it is fun to take care of the organization for those trips. But it keeps you busy.

On top of it, Brad got some of us out to ride on Thursday. It was a good ride but I ended up with close to 4 hours in the saddle that day. A little too long for my liking for an off week.

At least I had some down time this weekend. I finally got back on the trails to ride a little mtb on Saturday. The guys at the duck let me borrow an awesome bike again and Chlue, Pete, Demian and all the others have really done a great job on the new sections on North Shore. I had a blast. In the evening, Demian let me play around on his new PS3. Wow, that thing rocks but it got rather late... figure that. After sleeping in on Sunday, I headed over to Demian and Debbie again for a really nice Easter lunch. Got to watch Paris-Roubaix too and to prevent all the good food to slow me down too much in the weeks to come we went for an easy spin afterwards.

All in all an awesome weekend. Thanks to all the folks that invited me over and really made me feel at home.

Now we have only a couple of days left and it will be back on the road again. Looking forward to Mississippi and especially Speed Week. Everyone on the team is hot and ready to go so I'm sure we'll do rather well at the upcoming races.

Stay tuned!

No comments: