Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Racing Update

Ok, so here’s a short summary of the last couple of races we did. After Joe Martin we headed out to Shreveport, LA for the Rocky Mount Stage Race. Russ Walker hosted the team and he and his wife are awesome! I must have picked up at least 5 pounds thanks to the great food and all… Anyways, the racing went all right, I ended up in a breakaway on the first stage and finished second, the same place I ended up in GC. I lost a lot of time in the TT, partly due to the lack of tt equipment (helmet and disc) but I don’t think I would have been able to catch Mat Davis anyways, so no biggie. We controlled the crit pretty well but Phillip got jumped at the finish and came in second. All in all, two podiums on stages and a second GC was ok.

Next up was Memorial weekend and the Texas State Championships. We raced really well, were super aggressive but just lacked that little bit of luck. Also, Heath Blackgrove and Team Hotel San Jose rode extremely well. Also, Andrew had a bad day, otherwise the result might have been different… well, you can’t win every time.

Finally, last weekend we were in Tulsa for the Tulsa Tough. Andrew, Benji and I did the Pro/1 race all three days. Benji did well, finishing top 20 each day. I went on the attack on day 2 and 3 and spend some time in a break with Floyd Landis on Saturday (even though Cyclingnews thinks otherwise) and most of the day off the front on Sunday. Unfortunately, I got caught with 5 laps to go and the counter stayed away… Bad timing. Oh well, I still got my moment of glory and had a good time. Now, if we can finally pull it together and get some wins, everything will be good.

The next couple of weeks will be somewhat mellow racing wise, nothing big coming up. As a matter of fact, me and some of the team will be at the Mad Duck ride this Saturday. Come out and ride with us, if you can. See you there.

No comments: