Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rouge Aftermath

Most of this week was spent dealing with the side effects of racing on dirt roads. Also, I didn’t have to ride that much because I was on an off week and the weather was pretty miserable, so it called for some indoor activities. It took me quite a while to get the all the dirt off my bike and gear.


I also finally got a new phone this week. No more begging to use a teammates phone to write a text and no more missing out on team dinners due to the lack of availability. I spend a lot of time this week just getting used to the new thing as it has many more features than any of my old phones. A nice toy for sure.


The rain this week also prevented me form going down to Waco to race another mtb race of the TMBRA series. The promoter postponed the event due to the adverse condition on the course… so much for rain or shine. I was pretty bummed about that as I always liked that race and also because I will probably not be able to race a lot more mtb races this year.


The good thing about all of this is that I got to sleep in most of the days and just had a lazy week, recovering and getting ready for our California trip. We will be leaving tomorrow far about two weeks, racing San Dimas and Redlands over at the west coast.


Stay tuned for more on that trip.

No comments: