Thursday, March 6, 2008

Never Trust the Weather Forecast

Ok, so the forecast was wrong... again. I wouldn’t mind so much if it erred on the good side (say, 80 degrees today instead of the predicted 35) but that’s not what happened today. Anyways, after fighting through rain, hail, sleet, snow, rain again, snow again… earlier today for two hours, I finally had to call it quits as the roads just got a little too slippery. I managed to make it back to the shop (Mad Duck) and, by that time, I was just happy to be out of that sludge. I hopped on the trainer for a little (just to warm back up and, honestly, I planned on getting back out there and at least ride home as soon as the roads cleared a bit). Well, everyone who knows me knows that I’d rather ride outside in the nastiest weather than spin on the trainer but, needless to say, the roads never cleared and I ended up finishing my ride on the trainer (woo-hoo: 3 hours of fun!!!). After that, Debby picked me up (in a WARM car) and we made it home safely.

All in all, I managed to get the hours in I had planned for but it wasn’t as much fun today. At least one thing went the way I had planned: I got my hot chocolate as soon as I got back!

Tomorrow will be a travel day, as the team will be leaving for Rouge. It will be a rather long drive but I bet it will be a lot of fun as a lot of guys are going down, so the trip should be entertaining. Also, the weather is supposed to be nice down there this weekend. At least, that’s what the forecast says…

No comments: