Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quick Update

Sorry, I’ve been kind of slow with my postings lately but I was pretty busy and stressed out. For one, I had some friends from Germany over for a while. This was really fun, as those friends are my biking buddies (and gals) from back home and they brought their bikes over with them. So I got quite a bit of “good old mountain biking” during the two weeks they were here. Unfortunately, this also meant that I was on the road quite a bit because they wanted to also see something of the country (i.e. Grand Canyon, Sedona…). So there went my posting-time.

On top of it all, my road bike took forever to get to Phoenix and only arrived just in time for the past weekend. This was very helpful as I had registered for the Tucson Bicycle Classics, a three day stage race in Tucson. So I pulled the bike out of the box, threw on some wheels and put in the seat post and off I was to the race. All in all it was ok, I finished 5th in the road race and 10th overall… not what I had hoped for but, considering that I went with the wrong moves and missed the important ones (as always…), I have to be happy that I didn’t end up further down.

Today’s race ended on a slightly bitter note because I came close to a good finish but only close: I was chasing a lead duo alone but got swallowed by the pack with 50 meters to go… well, better luck next time. At least I got a great workout.

No comments: