Saturday, April 5, 2008

NMBS Short Track

PAIN! That’s all I felt for the better part of 20 minutes this afternoon during the NMBS Short Track race here in Phoenix; and it still wasn’t enough to not get pulled. Well, I made it to the two-to-go-part of the race, so I was pretty close to finishing the race. I think I finished somewhere just inside the top 30 or so, so that was ok. Especially after having to run up the only steep hill every lap due to a) traffic, b) deep sand thanks to all the other categories that ran up it before us, and c) lack of power on my part when I had a clear shot at it. Anyways, it was still fun (even though painful) but, man, even the so-called pros need to work on their breaking techniques: going into the downhill on the first lap, it was so dusty thanks to everyone in front locking up their breaks that I could see absolutely NOTHING! I really don’t know why you had to hit the breaks in the first place but I find myself contemplating this pretty much every race I’m in. Anyways, I bombed down it flying blind… and made it though no problem thanks to the Pivot. So, all in all, a successful day. Except, I forgot to check the USADA board afterwards… hopefully I wasn’t picked but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow…

No comments: