Thursday, April 17, 2008

„Thank You For Choosing American Airlines BUT...“

“…we regret to inform you that your flight has been canceled…” Yep, that’s the phone call I got this morning, just as I was getting ready to head out of the door and drive to the airport. As it turns out, I’ll have another day here in Phoenix… Next try: tomorrow morning at 6-something am. That should be enough time to get to Mississippi (I should get there by one pm or so). Well, the Mississippi GP stage one only starts at 7, so I guess I’m lucky.

Anyways, the bright side to it is that I get to spend another day with my parents. Yes, it just so happens that they are here for vacation, over from Luxembourg. They decided to trade the rain and 30ish degree temperatures for some desert sun; can’t say that I blame them ;-) . It’s nice to get some extra time with them and as all the bags are packed, I really have some time to enjoy it as I’m not continually stressing out about the upcoming trip. My folks will stay here in Phoenix for another couple of days before they hit the road and travel around a bit themselves (Las Vegas, Death Valley, Grand Canyon to name just a small portion of their program).

I’d like to take this opportunity to officially thank both mum and dad for their phenomenal support. All this experience in the USA would not have been possible without them and I really appreciate their patience with me (“when do you get a real job?”…). So here’s us three on South Mountain, enjoying the view (and the weather).


No comments: